• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Intro and seat recline question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I don’t think I’ve introduced myself yet. My name is Paul and I am currently in the process of doing a complete rebuild on my S-1C. I bought it in 2017 and it was still flying at the time. It was pretty exciting as I had always wanted a Pitts and the opportunity came up for me to get this one. It did have a high time engine so I knew I was going to take it down and was planning to use it as an opportunity to rebuild it the way I wanted it set up. Sure enough I had 2 cylinders go down not too long after I bought the plane. I bought it at a price expecting this so no hurt feelings here. The project has started off very slowly, though that was planned too as I bought the plane while in the middle of starting a new job and moving, but I am now in a position to put more time and money into it. It is a long fuselage C with an O360. The plan is to get the airplane flying again while making some modifications now, but using the wings that came with it. Eventually I plan on doing all of the Wolf mods. I already have the Wolf gear and will probably be in touch with Chris in the coming months to get the cowl.

One modification I am really interested in is reclining the seat back. I have spent lots of time searching the subject and have seen that it has been done, but have yet to see how people are doing it. I was wondering if anyone who has done this has any pictures of how they did it, or at least a good explanation. I have some ideas on how to go about doing it, but would much rather see what others have done before proceeding. I will probably be posting lots of other questions as I proceed because I think my Pitts is the only one I’ve had the chance to see up close. BTW I do think it is the most incredible airplane I’ve ever flown!

Latest posts

Back