• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Intro- Dave Holmgren- Noob on this forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majurpain

Reaction score
Howdy all.
Bought my Ultimate 10-200 with Tomcat's help a few months ago, flew it from Wichita to Utah (South Valley- U42) in January. It was cold.
Currently finishing (I hope) some work on a motor that runs warmer than I want it to (new stiffer baffle skirting / sealing air leaks, bigger H.E. oil cooler in a remoted location with fresh air to it), then planning on learning something about competitive aerobatics in it.
My background- Civilian, Marine Corps, Air Guard (now retired), law enforcement, airline aviation. A fair amount of tailwheel time- J-3's to Beech 18's. Been around the aerobatic and airshow communities for a few years now as a ferry pilot/grunt. Little, big, Hang / Paragliding, kiteboarding, skydiving- whatever I can fly.
The plane, as Tom has pointed out a few times here- is awesome. An absolute giggle to fly. Pretty straightforward on the ground, too. I am absolutely stoked at the prospect of being about to try my hand at competition in such a capable bird.
Have appreciated the resources / knowledge here and hope to meet some of you soon.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back