• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

IO-540 Header Length

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am about to get back to mocking up my exhaust. While I am not going to go crazy about it, I would like to target the correct, equal length. I talked to the exhaust builder, they say it is typically 32-36 inches. There is a CAFE report that says the IO-360 "likes" 40 inches. I called Zivko to see what they are using but I have not received a response. I understand there are a lot of variables but, as I said, I am trying to get into the correct ballpark. In my case, I will be running:

IO-540 EXP from a Edge 540, high compression pistons, Barrett cold air induction
6:1 exhaust
planned 2500 rpm design point

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Chuck

Latest posts

Back