• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

John MacGuire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvairwerks

Reaction score
Found out that John passed away on 7 Feb. John was an inspiration to me over the years On 12 April 93, John suffered a rudder lock up in his Pitts at the top of a maneuver during an unlimited sequence practice, and ended up in an inverted flat spin until impact. He suffered a T4 spinal injury from the accident. About 6 months later, he was back in an airplane. I’m sure he had down days, but every time I saw him in the halls at our company, or a photo of him, he had that huge smile on his face. He didn’t ever seem to let anything get him down. I hadn’t seen John for a couple of years, as I work overnights, and he retired from Lockheed a couple of years ago.

Latest posts

Back