• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Just Joined

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corsair82pilot

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I just joined. I just purchased a Starduster II through ebay. It's not a done deal yet. I was the second runner up, but I guess the guy who won it changed his mind. I hope it works out. I'll know in a few days.
I built a Starduster I back in the early to mid 1980s. I also had a Steen Skybolt for a while.
I have always loved the Starduster II.
I plan on changing the engine. It has a Continental 125hp six cylinder. I want to mount a radial. Any suggestions as to which engine might be best? I have an R985 and an R975. I think they are too powerful for the Starduster (450hp).
I am also building an 82% scale F4U Corsair replica. That is what the R985 is for. Check it out www.Corsair82.com

I hope to have the Starduster this week and may fly it up to Oshkosh. I'll be there even if I don't fly the Starduster.

Tony P

Latest posts

Back