• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

KOSH 2015: need advice from the experienced folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fidot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
... So this year; it's kind of a mess. First born coming right around Oshkosh time (about 2-3 weeks before actually); and I'm torn.

The lady is not opposed to the idea of going; but she wants a touch more comfort than an RV / tent @ Scholler.

I have found a really cool place on the lake, cottages-on-the-lake type deal. 10 minutes away from the grounds.

However, those guys require a full 4 day minimum pre-pay and no cancellations. You can see my dilemma -- if the kid is late, or something else precludes traveling, I will end up with a big loss.

I talked to the owners; and while they're firm on the 100% prepay and no cancel; they have no problem with me "reselling" the booking to someone else -- as long as I deal with it.

So my question, deal All, is this: do you think reselling a spot in a 1-bedroom cottage at ~$270/day for 4-5 days during KOSH times about 1-3 weeks *before* the show will be impossible, or not?

I really want to have my first born attend KOSH during his first month of life :)

Hopefully, see all y'all in July!

Latest posts

Back