• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

KT N25C & a Powell Racer......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of spending a hour at Hal Thompson's place in Arcadia, FL Friday. I was there looking at an airplane he had for sale and of course we strayed from that subject and into a bit of his history including N25C. He also mentioned that he had a Powell Racer (rebuild) project underway.

As we were leaving he asked if I'd like to take a look at the Powell which (of course) I did. It was in a special little room inside one of his barns and the fuselage is complete and seemingly ready to fly. There were a bunch of photos on the walls include a nice one of N25C when he owned it. The wings for the Powell are not yet assembled. This is one small airplane! Luckily Hal isn't a big man, I'd have zero chance of inserting myself into that airplane. It has a 2-cylinder Aeronca engine.

I did not know Hal before Friday and he could not have been a more welcoming person. I hope to spend a bit more time with him a get a proper tour of his place. I can't wait........

Latest posts

Back