• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Landing Gear Fixture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyJ

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I built up a nice landing gear fixture that I'd be willing to loan out to anyone else who thinks that building the gear using the fuselage as a fixture is pretty mickey-mouse.

There's no charge, just 3 conditions:

1) You take care of shipping both ways. Since it is a combination right/left fixture, it's pretty bulky so it might have to go truck.
2) If you're going to gas-weld, tacking only, please. I don't want all that heat in the fixture from oxy/acetylene warping it.
3) I'd like a $75 deposit that I will refund cheerfully upon return in good condition.

I'm just about done with my plane, and I can report that building the gear was one of the hardest parts of the project. This will make your life a lot easier and the result should be much truer than trying to build freehand.

Please note I built in very little toe-in, so if you want an aggressive amount of toe you'll have to do that with the fuse mounts..

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

Latest posts

Back