• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Leather Jacket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new, or used leather jacket. Checked out Sporty's and LL Bean but they are foreign made. Also been looking on ebay. I have had 2 in my life and they were both foreign made. The first one was made in Indonesia, probably water buffalo hide as it might as well been 6061. Ripped it on a sharp piece of steel or I probably would still have it. The second one was Pakastani goat hide. The inside fell apart after about 15 years, can't complain, it is great for crawling under a car in the gravel.

So I want one made in the US, where do I go? Good used would be OK. What kind of leather do you prefer. Winter is coming but a sweater under is usually enough here. Now that I am a Starduster driver I deserve the best but will probably settle for Cessna grade. I kinda lean toward black.

will

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back