• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Less love for the S-2A (regarding STCs)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtrag94

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've noticed that even though all the 2 seaters are on the same Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS), they are commonly left off the Approved Model Lists of various STCs. I've noticed the JPI EDM-900 engine monitor STC says to look at their AML which lists only S-2B and S-2C. This engine analyzer can be set up for 4 or 6 cylinder so it's not a hardware limitation.

The EarthX battery website lists pending STC approval for their lithium battery for the S-2B and S-2C only coming in Q2 of 2023. I believe they're all the same voltage and same battery required?

Any ideas why the A model gets left out of the fun? I think there are around 270 of them while there are only around 90 C models?

Latest posts

Back