• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Lights and Legality for night flight in an experimental.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freerangequark

Free relationships, easy and simple
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I was shopping for lights for my build. I want in 3 in 1 wingtip position/anti-collision LED units.

I was looking at AVEO Powerburst Daylite 3 in 1 lights on ACS and read "For Experimental Use Only. Not approved for installation on certified aircraft. This is not a TSO certified light."

1. Q: Does this Aveo Powerburst Plus light set meet the requirements of FAR 91.205 (c) for night flight?

A: This series of lights is intended for experimental aircraft installations only and has not been tested to far 91.205(c). For a certified aircraft solution please see part number 05-08099 (TSO'd).

Yep, I get that... for experimental aircraft...not for certified aircraft. Certified aircraft lights must be TSO'd.

2. Q: Do these meet the requirements for Night Flight in an Experimental?

A: Per Aveo: the FAR's require Approved lights for night light requirement.

So that means TSO'd? 🤔

If I am understanding this correctly, then the purpose of these lights is to increase aircraft visibility during the day, or when lights are not required.

Am I missing something or misunderstanding this?

Thanks,
Glenn

Latest posts

Back