• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

like seinfeld, a post about nothing specific

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tedrankine

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It has been almost two years since my first ever hour in a Pitts with Steve Wolf. After shut down, (and looking at the expression on my face), Steve smiled and said, 'this is the most expensive hour of dual you have ever flown'. I guess that he had seen that look before. A few months, a few airplanes to look at, and finally THE ONE appeared on the horizon, a 1974 Pitts S2A, SN 1065.
The first owner was Marion Cole and the registration still carries Marion's initials 24MC. (I have a cool pic of her on thesummer 1974 cover of IAC magazine with Marion at the controls over fond du lac). It took a while for Steve to get me transitioned, after spending the last 25 years on straight floats in Canada, but here I am, with about 60 hours on 24MC, not including the ferry flight from California to Florida which was my second Pitts ride.,,,and third .and fourth...( you get the idea).
I would have more time, but being Canadian I spend the summer north and 24MC languished last season in Florida. That wont be the case this year. She is going north with me in a few weeks and wont be back till fall. I am writing to all of you who are posting here on biplane forum / Pitts/THE classic. I have learned a great deal from all your postings, laughed at a few but mostly am very happy to be part of such an incredible community. Thank you !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back