• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Living the dream

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loopdloops

Reaction score
Well I have been lurking around here for a few years now and have enjoyed the many topics discussed as well as the opinions. I have been fortunate here in the last six months to have met a very talented acro pilot and he has taken me on as a student. With that though I was also been able to buy into a partnership of a Pitts S2A. It is a great plane and has a lot of history. It is a former plane owned by Jim Holland. I have been told that it has also been in a doctromenty on aerobatics with William Shatner. (Captain Kirk) Well this little sweetheart is a joy to fly. I have the takeoffs pretty much licked and some of the basic manuvers down but landing, well thats another story. I have been told it will just click. Sooner would be better than later! Anyway. My "coach", Marty Flournoy is a very talented as well as patient guy. He is a quite southern gentleman who can fly the wings off of a plane. He is also on the 2014 US Unlimited Aerobatic Team. I have been fortunate also to have met all of the 2914 team members and they are a talented bunch. They are all in Slovakia now training for the upcoming competition. So remember to support our team!

Happy skies
Charlie

Latest posts

Back