• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Locating AN hardware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Locating the correct hardware is one of the jobs I dislike the most so I probably throw up my hands a little sooner than normal :mad:
I am installing adjustable rod ends on one end of the support tube from the leading edge of the horizontal stabilizer to the lower fuselage. I am using 5/8x.035 wall 4130 tube because I have it.

I HAVE AN486-2P 1/4-28 internal thread clevis fork.
I NEED AN490 weldable rod end to fit the 5/8" tube with 1/4-28 male thread

OR - - -

I HAVE AN490 HT10P weldable rod end with 5/16-24 male thread
I NEED AN486 clevis fork with female 5/16-24 threads.

I have searched everywhere on-line tonight and found neither of the above parts. Very frustrating

The first person supplying the correct information wins a free ride in my AcroSport 1 :)

Thank you

Latest posts

Back