• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Lycoming O-2990 and other misc parts for sale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroCraftsman

Reaction score
Here's the deal. One of my hangar neighbors aquired a Speezio Tuholer project. It suffered a hard landing that bent the fuselage tubing in the landing gear attach area. After looking over the project, I pursuaded him to try to sell the project to asmall biplanebuilder rather than trying to fix it up. Here's what you'd get if you purchased Travis' Speezio. A Lycoming O-290G, wheels and brakes, a tailwheel assembly and spring, a pair of Scott heel brakes, basic VFR flight and engine instruments, some throttles, etc. It would go a long way toward getting a Hatz or similarproject going for not a lot of money. I'll try to find out how many hours on the engine. He didn't say and I forgot to ask.
For a mere $3500 you can have all of that good stuff to transfer toyour project, plus the pleasure of figuring out how to dispose of a Speezio carcass. If nothing else, you'd be helping put Travis out of his Speezio misery. If you've priced Scott heel brakes lately, they're worth 1/2 the asking price on their own!
Call me at 951-378-8980 or shoot me an email if you can't resist such an offer.
Mark

Latest posts

Back