• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

M-12 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyHolt

Reaction score
Hello guys…. So I have finally made up my mind and I am starting a lifelong dream to build my own airplane. Because this will take a very long time.. I figured I would tell you a little about myself.

To start, ever since I was young, airplanes have been a major part in my life. My dad and I would build and fly remote control airplanes at night and fly them on the weekends. We would travel all around doing fun flys and competitions. In high school I got my pilots license and then went to Embry Riddle University for aircraft engineering. I commissioned into the Air Force as a pilot and am now stationed in Shreveport LA as a B-52 instructor. I have a wife and two girls ages 5 and 4.

At the beginning of this year I got my tail wheel endorsement in a Decathlon and decided it was time to buy my first airplane. I bought a Skybolt built by Mike Marion and have had a blast with it ever since. Next year I plan to compete in IAC and also fly a few local air shows along the way. Now that I have a great plane to fly, I wanted to start looking down the road at the next plane that will be a great air show attraction, along with being a step up from what I have now. I wanted a plane that was a two seater, but could be converted to look like one. I wanted a biplane, and it needed to be in kit form. After talking to many people, and mulling over it a long time… I decided on the M-12. Once the decision was made, Kevin Kimball has been great in leading me into this process and helping me take this large step.

I am very excited in this future plane and hope you guys will provide some good inputs along the way. Thanks, Jeremy

jerm.jpg

shootout.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

ribs.jpg

Latest posts

Back