• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

M14-p Oil filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
During my first condition inspection I learned that the M-14 has an apparent affinity for producing a lot of carbon flakes in the oil. The sump and pump screens catch the big pieces but there have to be a lot of smaller particles that continue to circulate in the oil. One Model 12 that I know of has a remote filter mounted between the oil pump and the oil cooler (pictured). This seems like a very good idea to me, especially considering what cheap insurance it is against damaging or causing premature wear in the engine. Does anyone have experience with remote filters on the M-14P? Are there any downsides? These engines were not designed to run filters and I know they can create some issues on other radial engines like the Jacobs.

Attachments

• IMG_20190803_162341098.jpg
    IMG_20190803_162341098.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts

Back