• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Makin" Lil Bitts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakeracer69

Registered Users
Reaction score
I guess I should start a build thread for some documentation. I am terrible at doing this with many projects I have built. I've had the plans now for maybe 2 1/2 weeks. For those that don't know, Lil Bitts is a standoff scale Pitts, designed and built by Ed Fisher of Raceair Designs. It's a nice little draggy Biplane. It is stressed for utility catagory. I hope Ed will chime in as things progress here. I've flown heavy tailwheel in the past and am looking forward to flying stick and rudder again.

I plan on powering it with a flywheel forward VW. I'm surprised that the whole VW engine thing hasn't been refined more in the 20 years since I last looked at them for an A/C powerplant. I have a decent machining and fab skillset so that part will be relatively easy. I do need to up my welding game though to make a good product.

I do have some parts made already and will post pictures as I go. I have ordered all the metal required to build the tailfeathers, wings, and control system. Shipping is ridiculous nowadays, so buy once, cry once, I say.

6156619_orig.jpg

Latest posts

Back