• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Measurement questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraJ

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Absent the opportunity (at the moment) to put together a real plane, I'm trying my hand at modeling a Charger in X-Plane. I've got the plans, but they don't really facilitate some of the measurements X-Plane wants. I'll probably come up with a bunch of questions along these lines, but the one that's got me stumped at the moment: what are the control deflections? I assume in the +/-15-20 degree range for ailerons, maybe +/-20 degrees for elevator, and similar for rudder. I'll go with guesses, but obviously the closer I can get to real-life numbers, the better off I'll be.

Since this is a learning exercise as much as anything else, all I'll promise out of this is a questionable-quality model that may or may not fly anything like a real Charger.

Latest posts

Back