• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Modifying an S1E with wolf components

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nateultimate10200

Reaction score
Sooo some may say I’m a glutton for punishment and they may be right. I say they are right because I’m a sucker for a good time!

I recently finished my baby Great Lakes in the thread, “resurrection of a baby Great Lakes” and it was such a pleasure to make this little bird fly again. To be honest it’s the most fun I’ve had with my pants on flying this little beast!

I bought a Pitts. I bought a Pitts because I’ve always wanted a Pitts. Who in their right mind hasn’t wanted to own or fly a Pitts? Well I came across a pretty little S1E for the right price and scooped her up. It was a project, but it was a solid project for the price and yes...yes I like the pain of finishing someone else’s work.

I brought this pretty little gem home and began to think. I thought............dam.......I’m getting old.........and if I fly her as I bought her I wouldn’t be doing me Justice. Which turns out that when I get this Pitts done it’s going to be the aerobatic aircraft that I’ve always wanted and will not settle for less. Maybe my goals are set too high but I know what I would like and I pray there’s a grass runway when I’m done lol.

My friend Chris “smizo” who we all know, has sold me the wolf wings, which I am finally done building the dam ribs, which seemed like an eternity. I talked to him and didn’t want to stop there. Besides building the wolf wings, I am getting the gear, cowl, and tail. Why not right??? It’s only money lol.

I’m trying to make my aircraft unique. I know it’s a Pitts, but I’m trying to make it truly a unique aircraft to call my own and to stand out in the flight line. Smizo has some ideas and I am willing to let him use my aircraft as a canvas for his creative ideas.

I can’t express enough gratitude toward smizo and dan Williams toward wanting to see this project finished and flying.

Pics and progress, sooon [emoji41]

Latest posts

Back