• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

More crashed J3 pics. Should I buy it back?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
Well the whole family is taking this really hard! I didn't realize how attached we all were to this little Cub. I am going to see how much the insurance will sell it back to me for. I do want another Cub to fly one day and now I know I made a huge mistake selling this one. I told my wife if I go buy another J-3 it will not be the same. I have some thoughts about buying a new Legend Cub in the future. I know it will take a ton of money to fix this airplane, more than its worth. I am wondering if the fuse has lots of damage at the wing attach points and gear attach points? I have no idea what is a fair price to buy it back for? Not sure if they will sell it to me or if I have to bid on it??? This is all new to me. What do you guys think? I am not interested in rebuilding it myself, I would pay someone. Or should I just walk away and go buy a new legend?
The buyer wants the prop SOOOO BAD! He wants to hang it up so he can brag to all his friends about his plane crash! Makes me sick!
Maybe I should just buy it and hang it in my tree in the back yard so the wrong person don't end up with it again.
My wife said the plane didn't want to leave us so it committed suicide!

crash 1.png

crash 2.png

crash 3.png

crash 4.png

crash 5.jpg

crash 6.jpg

crash 7.png

crash 8.jpg

crash 9.jpg

Latest posts

Back