• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Motor mount for Jacobs radial?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 220.45% completed
Reaction score
I’m ready to start building the engine mount for the radial engine.

I have the ring from a UC-78, and will be following the geometry of the tubing that the -78 used for the mount.

I plan on building the detachable mount using the fuselage as the fixture... so, I’ll be doing everything thing in the horizontal plane.

Below is a photo of the mounting brackets tacked in place on the fuselage, and a photo of the ring still attached to the original -78 mount.

Any suggestions on how to keep everything in place as I go to weld it up? Maybe tack tubing/jigging to Station Zero and to the mounting ring and then cut these off once I have it welded up? Or maybe... someone has another suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

416D5EDE-AD07-46A2-9900-0F2224DDCAB8.jpeg

523C2365-D4AA-4A8C-BEAF-170683339A2C.jpeg

Latest posts

Back