• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Mounting a Canopy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfmccarthy1

AcroDuster Too
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't been on the forum for a while - head down building. We are at the point on our AcroDuster Too build where we need to determine how to mount the canopy. I have searched the site for info and got some, but need to get specific answers to proceed forward:

1. Will a single piece canopy work on the two place aircraft and still allow for jettisoning?

2. Will a 'tip to the side' canopy fit under the upper wing in the front?

3. Is a Front windscreen, with a 'tip to the side' canopy a better tradeoff? I have seen one that way and believe it offers a benefit of having a windscreen in front of you in case you loose your canopy.

4. Is it possible to do a front windscreen with a slider canopy arrangement? Has one been done?

5. Are there any other configurations we should consider?

If anybody has some examples of canopy installation designs I would really appreciate it. We want to add any structural provisioning before we get much farther

Latest posts

Back