• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Moving from S1S to S2B...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_Pitts-S1S

Reaction score
Decided to switch from my S1S to an S2B. Recently purchased the S2B but haven't ferried it home yet (S1S soon to be for sale). I have wanted for a long time to put my CFI rating to use and do some instruction (Pitts transition, acro instruction, tail wheel training, or just thrill flights). Haven't decided if I will partner up with the local flight school for lease back, or set up a flying club, or work independent (personal contacts or open to public). Still sorting out a lot of details. In a perfect world, I'd like to keep both the S1 and S2, maybe provide some formation training, offer to get guys enough dual in the S2 that they could solo the S1. Maybe paint them the same color :) A Pitts club with two planes available for use. Or maybe a formation airshow routine? Yes I dream.

Wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on the following topics:

- Ins/outs of Pitts S2 instruction
- Ferrying a Pitts (things to watch out for), I need to get it from Nevada to Florida (preferably without removing the wings and putting it on a truck, but maybe that's the way to go??)
- Entrepreneurial ideas for two Pitts planes, S1 and S2, because I'd love to keep my S1 if revenue can make it feasible.

Looking forward to sharing stories along the way and hearing some thoughts/advice from you guys.

Ryan

Latest posts

Back