• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Murphy Renegade Spirit - buying advice wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Netto

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm an airline pilot in Europe but miss 'real' flying so i'm looking at buying my own aircraft. My first one! So looking for a little advice from those more in the know about these things. Can anyone help me out please?

I've decided on a Murphy Renegade Spirit.

I've found two aircraft both with the 582 rotax engine. I'm going to view them this week but as i'm new to buying/owning aircraft any advise on what to look for is really appreciated.

I thought about:-
- Engine hours vs manufacturer recommended hours
- Accident history (I know 1 was repaired following being overturned)
- Skin life remaining
- Cylinder pressures as an indication of engine condition
- Play in flight controls (holding stick and waggling ailerons/elevators)

What else guys?

Any advice on this type of thing would be really appreciated. Murphy Renegade specific or otherwise.

Thanks very much

Latest posts

Back