• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

My Starduster SA 100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavePittsS2E

Registered Users
Reaction score
Thought I would post a pic of me in my first biplane. My Dad, his partner in their Mooney and I bought it around 1975 from a friend of mine's estate who was building it when he unexpectedly passed away. It was about 3/4 finished and we flew it in 1977. I think I was 22 yrs old and had an absolutely ball in it! I had an opportunity to build the Pitts S2E with a well known airshow pilot buddy in 1983 and when we finished it in 1984 Dad, partner and I decided to sell it.

My understanding we sold it to a guy who flipped it to a lady in West Virginia and on her second flight it it she ran it out of gas on takeoff. She was ok but it supposedly laid in a barn out there for years and I don't know what ever happened to it. At one point I think my Dad's partner tried to buy it back to rebuild but was unsuccessful. Then I heard she passed away and we never heard what happen to it after that. There was also a N22GT and a N23GT all painted the same. Three guys started them together then all were finished separately.

I won best homebuilt numerous times at fly-ins with it. Not to brag too much but I did the same in the Pitts.
Starduster.jpg

Latest posts

Back