• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

N599B comes home to KHWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got a car hauler and brought the fuselage and upper wing to my hangar. People on the freeway were honking and waving. I guess it's not every day you see a 52 year old Ford truck pulling an airplane down the interstate. I had to load it that far forward to fit the upper wing underneath. We counterbalanced it with a compressor on the back of the trailer.

And yes, the turtle back has an indentation on it. Looks like somebody pushed on it, hard, during it's many years of storage. No doubt there are more unpleasant surprises lurking underneath the fabric.

As soon as the compressor and air lines are installed, the tear down will begin. Wish me luck...first time doing this and all. :)

IMG_7656.JPG

IMG_7668.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back