• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Name the broken part :-(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
Well some of you guys I talk to on here know I am building a new 540 for my Eagle. Here is why.... This is my great deal I got on a new airplane. I was very lucky I was over the airport. As soon as it let loose I pulled the power and landed. The scary think is the flight right before this me and my 10 year old son flew it on a 2 hour trip. Well anyway, I bet not to many of you guys have seen anything like this. It came out of the engine just like this. Oh well I will have a 0 time engine when it goes back together so I will feel safe. I guess this is what 11:1 pistons and 3500 rpm do to a engine. Guess I can't complain, if I wanted a cheap hobby I would fly kites. LOL! Engine had less than 500 since overhaul but only lasted me a few hours.....

crank 1.jpg

crank 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back