• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

New 3D model of the SA300 Starduster Too / Paint Ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael A Livingston

Acquired an SA-300 and promptly took it apart.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this needed its own thread. I have been posing pictures in my restoration thread but these did not seem to belong there. So I am starting a thread for paint ideas and just cool images of Starduster Toos yet to be seen.

All the posts here will be based on a model made by Rohr 3D Solutions which can be found here and rendered by me using a program called Blender, which can be found here. This all came out of the need to understand what a given paint scheme would look like from all angles. I started with paper and pens and a 3 view sketch of a Starduster. I tried several designs and thought I had what I wanted.
2019-11-03 (1).jpg2019-11-03.jpg

Then I moved to a computer drawing to further refine and try out different color variations. This worked well, but did not give me a sense for the curves of this beautiful airplane.

2020-07-01 (1).png2020-07-01.png

The led me to work with Rohr 3D solutions to make an accurate representation of a Starduster Too that I could "paint", without destroying anything. This process has been so helpful.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back