• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

New Canadian Builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Bolt

Reaction score

Greetings all! <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

After many years of weighing the pros and cons of many different airplanes. (moose, bear hawk, one design, volmer, lohel p-40 ect ect) I have come to the conclusion that the Skybolt is the right airplane for me. I have a background in commercial aviation flying sea planes on the west coast of <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-regi&#111;n w:st="&#111;n"><st1:place w:st="&#111;n">Canada</st1:place></st1:country-regi&#111;n> and have recently joined the Canadian air force as a pilot. I had my 1st taste of aerobatics flying the Grob 120A during primary flight training and was hooked.

After <st1:City w:st="&#111;n"><st1:place w:st="&#111;n">Oshkosh</st1:place></st1:City> this summer my fiancé was convinced that a round engine biplane that could do some aerobatics would be exactly what we need. She initially wanted a <st1:City w:st="&#111;n"><st1:place w:st="&#111;n">Waco</st1:place></st1:City> but after the sticker shock she is quite happy with the skybolt.

I have worked on many airplanes in the past just helping out the <st1:City w:st="&#111;n"><st1:place w:st="&#111;n">AMEs</st1:place></st1:City> that I worked with. As far as airplane building skills, I am an avid wood worker and have tinkered with pretty much any thing I can. I have always had the attitude that if someone else did it so can I.

Having flown beavers, radial engines have a special place in my heart I am ordering the plans for a round engine skybolt with the intention of hanging an MP-14 on the front. Though the Jacobs seems like an excellent engine too. We will have to see what happens along the way.

I am glad to see such an active forum with lots of great information. I look forward to sharing the trials and triumphs that comes with building an airplane with the rest of you.

Cheers

Adam

<st1:City w:st="&#111;n">Moose Jaw</st1:City> Sk. <st1:country-regi&#111;n w:st="&#111;n"><st1:place w:st="&#111;n">Canada</st1:place></st1:country-regi&#111;n>

Latest posts

Back