• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

New First Flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine down in Cottage Grove Oregon flew his IO-360 powered Acroduster Too for the first time.

Dave You can add another Acroduster Too too the Starduster flying fleet. I finally finished it and on 10/3/15 my test pilot Sean Vanhatten took it aloft for about 40 min. It didn't fly hands off but the tweaks are minor. The main concern was that the static port is somehow getting a bubble of air pressure rather than picking up boundary layer pressure. Caused the VSI to show about 700 ft descent while picking up takeoff speed. Pilot said his GPS was showing about 125 kts but indicated airspeed was only about 100 mph at 5500 ft. I think Jim Osborne addressed this problem in the magazine and I will pursue the fix. Let me know what data you would like for your files. Ray Morse N750RM

N750RM Test pilot taxi test.jpg

N750RM The takeoff.jpg

N75oRM The flyby.jpg

N750RM The landing.jpg

Latest posts

Back