• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

New here with plans,,,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotarywing

Looking for a Pitts!
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just signed on after lurking for a while. I have decided to buy a Pitts as my next toy and have started with the research. I already learned that I have to do much more research :)

I am a low time pilot with a total of 350 hours, and the last year I only flew helicopters. (92 hours) as far as tailwheel goes I have a whooping 2.6 hours :eek:

Anyway, looking to sign up for training and I plan on taking a class before I buy the Pitts. I plan on signing up for one of the ten hour aerobatics classes for start. (Plus ofcourse train with an instructor so I can land the thing)

I am going to buy a little less expensive since I am not sure if this is my next passion.

I am looking at a 1978 S-2A for under $70K. Is this a bad start, do I need to get something never? (more $$)

Checking on insurance and finance options tomorrow. (Worst case I pay cash, but money is cheap at the moment so finance with low interest might make sense)

M

Latest posts

Back