• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

New member needs feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, :)

I'm very new to this type of intetactive comminication, so I hope I didn't screw anything up.

I'm a retired commercial airline A&P, but I cut my teeth on recips. I soloed in '88, but like so many others, didn't get to finish (pressures with a growing family).

I'm now contemplating getting back into the saddle again. I've always had a dream to build a WW-I type of bipe like an RAF se5a. I would like to scale it so it would be legal as an experimental light sport.

The problem is I'm so far behind the power curve on this, I really don't know where to begin as far as all the requirements with the FAA. I know the EAA has always been the "go to" resource, but I'm finding it really difficult to find out what I need to do on their website as they have so many layers to sift through. I know I'll probably be dealing with a DAR and need keep builders logs and the like.

Has anyone packaged a really complete "paperwork kit" of everything that needs to be done in the correct order? I guess I really kind of need some sort of a Building Your First Experimental Airplane for Dummies guide book. Any help greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back