• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

New member saying hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefish

Reaction score
Hello all.

Fresh member from Sweden here. I'm new to the akro/experimental flying business, been mainly flying seaplanes and jets, but I'm looking forward to learning lots about this new-to-me part of aviation.

I've had some akro training but when my instructor was killed it was kinda put on hold. Now I have bought a part in a Skybolt and I'm looking forward to continuing - and finishing - my training. I can't say I know many details about the plane, although I've known about this specific Skybolt for ten years and it's been very well maintained for as long as I know. It was originally built in Finland in about 1982. I did look into buying a Pitts S1 but I like the Skybolt since it's a 2-seater and, by comparison, fairly spacious.
It has a Lycoming IO540 with 260 hp and a nice MT composite prop, modified and bigger than stock ailerons and probably lots more. I've read in the aircraft documents that there's supposed to be a ferry tank that goes into the front seat - is this a common feature?

If I like this plane owning thing I might consider getting a plane of my own in the future. Perhaps when my kinds are older, youngest is two now, I'll build one. The Skybolt R looks nice...

Name is Magnus btw and should you have any questions about seaplanes in general and all seaplane Cessnas from 172 to 208 in particular feel free to ask. I've flown all sorts of floats - EDO, PK, Whipline and Aerocet - both straight and amphibs.

Thanks for reading :)

Latest posts

Back