• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

New Set of Wings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1lapdown

Reaction score
It's been two years and I'm thinking that I need to re-cover my AC2's wings. I was never really happy with a couple of things the first being that the fabric didn't tension correctly and in the sun and heat of the summer they were really soft to the touch. The second is my interconnect strut is allowing the upper ailerons to droop during flight. I made a second set of struts, a little stronger than the first but still did not help the condition. I believe think the aluminum arms attached to the aileron hinge channels are deflecting so this is another area to review.

If I make a second set of wings I'd like to extend the aileron width by an additional bay, beef up the aileron hinges by adding a third hinge much like the ones I made for Robs S1-11 Pitts - see his web site - maybe even use the S1-11 aileron with their aluminum construction and pivot location. Also I'd like to put wood leading edges on.

So what do you all think about the mods?

Latest posts

Back