• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

newcomer + D center section to wing panels attachment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpasquet

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post on this great forum which I'm however following since some time as a new Skybolt builder.

My love story with biplanes probably started the day I've been asked by a Bucker Jungman owner to seat in the cockpit, maintain the brakes and manage the throttle while the guy, because of a battery failure, had to start the engine manually.

I've always loved building things and started to prospect a bit on biplanes. I then decided to build a skybolt, with the D wing. I ordered and received the plans some month ago and I'm now starting to work.

I'm currently reviewing the plans and feel a bit stupid because I do not understand at all how and were the upper D wing center section fits with the wing panels. I think the center section is quite well documented (and I saw several pictures of it) but I do not manage to find anything on the wing panels attachement subject.

It would be great if someone could point me at where I can find the information on this subject, even better, if a D wing builder had pictures of the upper wing it would be of great interest too !

Last thing, I'm currently living in Trieste, Italy, so, if someone is building anything around, I'd be happy to meet.

Thanks !
Matthieu

Latest posts

Back