• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Night, acro, and IFR options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

compjtc

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hey all,

For the last several years I've been doing casual research into a build project and have amassed a small collection of plans. For a variety of reasons, I'm getting more antsy to get a project going.

I'm looking for suggestions on a design that meets my most typical flight, which is flying <100 miles with my wife for dinner somewhere. This mission brings some characteristics:
  • 2 people
  • Ability to fly at night, as it's often dark by the time we return.
  • A canopy or enclosed cockpit. I'm not motivated to do open cockpit in Iowa.
  • I've enjoyed learning some basic acro and would want something acro capable.
  • It'd be great to have something IFR legal. I'm not talking hours of hard IMC, but the ability to legally pop through a layer of overcast if needed.
I've had my heart set on a biplane. I'm not sure why, I'm just always attracted to them. But now that I've pinpointed the mission a little more I'm second guessing.

Which models would you guys be looking at for this mission?

Latest posts

Back