• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

North Star for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planebuilder

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's not a biplane, but proceeds will help support my biplane habit.:)
More pic's on Barnstormers.
1991 North Star, C-FGVD , O320 160hp, 1006 TT, 170 TTS bulk & top w/new 160 hp pistons. Chrome cyls. This was the first prototype North Star, built at CF Ltd., Shown at S&F and Osh, 2 1/2" wider than Cub, 2 doors + Baggage door, Dynafocal swing out , Borer prop, Hydraulic shock struts, tall gear, Scott 3200, stronger than a Cub, better performance, more payload, longer range, easier to work on, "homebuilt " so no certified inspection costs or mod restrictions.
Has been flown on wheels skis & floats & does show some cosmetic wear externally, but has spent most of it's life in a hanger when not flying so is in great shape. Interior and upholstery is in excellent shape. The owner we built it for quit flying for medical reasons and I bought it back from him. I don't really want to sell it but have decided to so I can invest in new design work I am doing. With it's 160 hp and Borer prop, takeoff & climb is awesome. I have it in the shop now getting it ready to sell, installing new windshield and side windows, clean up and inspection. Since it's a "homebuilt" you get away from certified inspection costs and mod restrictions! $80,000 USD

GVD.jpg

Latest posts

Back