• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

[off the market] Outstanding S-1S for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brooksmershon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm making a big mistake, but I've listed the beautiful Nicholas Cain rebuild of N69KK for sale today.

BARNSTORMERS.COM Find Aircraft & Aircraft Parts - Airplane Sale, Jets, Helicopters, Experimental, Warbirds & Homebuilt

PXL_20220402_142920299.jpg

PXL_20220925_195243754.jpg

Asking $74k. Flown 100 hours last 12 months. Flown today, and yesterday, and so on... pursuing monoplane opportunity and it is $&*% or get off the pot time.

ADSB reception is actually not good in the bowl I fly in at 9A9, so stalking ADSB will give you a false impression of how much it flies. It flies extremely regularly, .4 to .6 at a time. Many cross countries last year. Very reliable 160+ mph cruise S1 with 18 gallons on board.

The plane has been good to me. Nick has been good to me. I've learned a lot taking care of the plane and where possible improving on it or otherwise aiming to not break it.

I added moving map/gps/attitude indicator, clock, sensenich ground adjust prop #4 pitch setting. Flies dead nuts straight. No leaks, minimal oil burn. Happy plane.

Cost a lot more than that to build it, so I've been told.

Looking for it to go to happy home. I sell things while I still like them. Still a daily driver at Intermediate contest level with advanced aspirations next season if I keep driving it... planning on attending Ohio contest unless it is gone.

July 2022 condition inspection.

Brooks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back