• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Oil air separator explanation help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok guys...I got this air/oil separator from one of the guys on here and it looks like it might be the right size for using it on my Starduster Too with the Ranger. I haven't ever really messed with these things besides installing a factory Pesco one on the BT-13 and I just did it per the manual and it's been to long ago for me to have a good understanding.
I would like to know where the hoses come from and go. I assumed one hose came off the crank case breather and into the unit....another hose is vented overboard and a hose goes back to your oil tank to return the now separated oil back to the tank instead of pouring it out the vent line. Correct?

So on this unit I have...

1) the top is the bent nipple fitting that goes to the crankcase breather.

2) the bottom is the straight nipple fitting and threaded AN fitting. The nipple fitting is for a vent tube and the AN fitting is for a new flex hose to go to the oil tank to return the separated oil. (If this is correct any place better than others to inject the oil into the tank?)

Last question is...can anyone identify what brand this unit might be?

Thanks guys...please correct me where I'm wrong, I only am making guesses here. ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1503183353.705883.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1503183397.939335.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1503183419.901616.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1503183436.521909.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1503183464.991293.jpg
The nipples are for 1" hose...see any reason that wouldn't be large enough for a Ranger 200hp? It's bigger than the stock crank case fitting nipple size.

Latest posts

Back