• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Opinions on 3-Piece Wing vs. 1-Piece

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boredof172s

Reaction score
Maybe it's a no-brainer to all of you, but if you were to start a build today, which route would you take? I prefer the 3-piece from a shop-size perspective, but prefer the aesthetics of the 1-piece... the cabanes, lack of brace wires. I understand that the 3-piece wing is stronger, but i don't believe that means that the 1-piece is not strong enough. It would certainly be easier for me to build three smaller wing components in my garage, but the 1-piece is not an impossibilty. At the same time, I'm trying to keep this build as simple as possible to give myself the best chance of finishing it, and I think the 1-piece may be simpler. I'm sure there are many other arguments for both, and that's what I'm trying to learn from all of you.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back