• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Original Pre-Hale Wallace Skybolt Drawings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently working on evaluating some of the already completed fuselage and tail components I acquired with a project from an old friend who recently passed away. In looking at a few items like tail surfaces, it appears that what I have may have been built to older drawings. In particular, my elevators have narrow servo/trim tabs. Really looking forward to getting going on this part of the project, but the engineer in me needs to know what I am starting with and which drawings it was built to.

I did dig out some older drawings with the "stuff" I found. They are in pretty bad shape but these appear to predate my drawings from Steen AeroLab in that there are no revision notes. Unfortunately, I am missing sheets 4, 11, and 13 of this older set from what I can tell.

Does anyone have a set of these older drawings?
I inquired with Steen but they only have the drawings revised in the early 90's.

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back