• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Paint Scheme...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

107ch

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
So I have been mulling over different designs for paint jobs. Many months ago I was given an estimate by what I think was the company that did Smizo's. The price was quite high. A friend at work had recently used a "crowd sourcing" company for some graphic design for a business. The web site is called Design Crowd. For a refundable fee, you can submit your parameters for a design and different artists will submit work hoping to be chosen and paid. I opted for a non-refundable option, as it generates a bit more interest. I opted for the 280.00 deal, the artist , I think gets something over 200.00 for their work fees and incentives take up the rest... and folks from all over the world just keep submitting ideas until you get something you like. The first couple that were submitted were pretty basic so I rejected them. I am after something different than the standard Pitts sunburst. I figure maybe some non-aviation types submitting designs will net some out of the box ideas. I will keep you guys posted as more designs are submitted...I tell you...This internet has some crazy cool stuff...
Dennis

Latest posts

Back