• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Parachute purchase advice, please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jboatri

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've become more interested in aerobatics, going beyond just using my Pitts as a sporty plane. So, I'm looking to buy a parachute and would like to hear from you all about what you think are good choices or important attributes to consider.

I have a short-fuselage S1C, built to original plans, AFAIK, powered by a Lyc o-290-D2, and usual flight starts right at 950 lbs total. I'm 5'6" but with a 28" inseam, which means my legs are a little on the short side and my torso a little bit long for my overall height. I actually fit the Pitts well (though obviously part of that has to do with the seat cushion thickness, which I guess is "normal" on my plane). I weigh 180 lbs wearing winter flight clothing.

I'd like the lightest, thinnest, etc. chute, I guess, but have no experience at all in this arena. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back