• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pilot USA high noise cancelling mic question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tigerdha

Reaction score
Hello
I have a Tigermoth and have just fitted a Trig VHF com, 12v .
Impedance of the set is 300 ohms.
My Campbell Classics flying helmet always had issues transmitting, always garbled to the reciever. I could always hear just fine , transmit was always readability 2 !. Helmet has a 2 position switch to internally match mil to ga impedance as required, tried both, settings ,no luck.
To resolve the issue I parted company with the Icom a200, installed a new aerial set up, VSWR 1.5, and have now decided to replace the mic in the headset.
I purchased a Pilot USA branded Electret Mic that need a voltage supply to operate. How can I hook this into my existing system ? The old carbon dynamic mic is non powered. I unable to locate any info on this any where, was hoping some instructions may come with the mic, but doubt it. The mic is the PA-9EHM
version specifically for high noise environments like the Tiger.
Happy to make a battery box if that’s what’s needed.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Aussie Tiger driver.

Latest posts

Back