• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitot static plumbing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumbbelldaddy

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there. I’m getting ready to install my pitot static system/tube (Steen). I’ve been debating plumbing. I was all set to order a kit such as this one from Steinair.

B376B357-EFF6-48A6-9FCD-312675F053B3.jpeg
70EA7C57-D889-4149-9EB7-227086E756E4.png

After seeing some of the pro’s like @smizo use aluminum tubing I’m starting to reconsider.......

78EEC781-A323-4C7A-A27B-230E0E186608.png

The Pitts plans originally call for 5052 aluminum tubing. I’ve read a couple articles by Steinair. They obviously favour nylon tubing. With a nylon set up I could have it installed fairly quick and call it a day. With aluminum tubing, I need to learn some new skills, which I’ll need to know down the road anyways. I’ll also need to find/buy a 37 degree flaring tool, bender, cutter etc.

I’d love to hear some pro’s and con’s? Personal experience/preferences?

Also, if I’ve used a picture without someone’s permission I’ll gladly remove it.

Thanks
Joe

Latest posts

Back