• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts check out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAKevin

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Alright Pitts drivers need a little info. I'm getting checked out in a S2B and it seems to me we have been coming ina little fast. Keep in mind its at a busy airport but, I think we should be slowing through 100 over the numbers. We went out and did a few stalls and it falls out of the air at 75, so why 100 over the numbers. I realize if you close the throttle it fall out of the air. The high wing loading?

A few landingI have gotten the plane in perfect position, 3 point waiting for the speed to bleed off and settle in for the perfect greaser and then balloooon. damn. It almost seems like you have to release a little back pressure and let it settle in.
FYI, I amflying back seat.
experiences at 95 cross the numners, assuming you dont flare high?
Thoughts??Edited by: CAKevin

Latest posts

Back