• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts S-1C Rotec TBI / Wobble Pump Replacement Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylanxpeters

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hello All! I'm a new guy to the forums (but not airplanes). I have a Pitts S-1C project that i am just beginning. Some of the first things on my list is updating the fuel system and fitting a Rotex TBI to my Lycoming O-320-A2B.

Have any of you replaced the factory wobble pump with an electric pump installation? My airplane originally had a 15PSI engine driven pump, a PS5 carburetor, and a wobble pump.

The Rotec TBI requires .05psi - 5psi for operation and can operate in any attitude, so i plan on switching to the Lycoming low pressure (4-6psi) engine driven fuel pump and using an electric boost pump instead of the wobble pump.

Any help, guidance, factory S-1C fuel system diagrams, stories, and recommendations are welcome.

Also, could someone please explain to me the operation of the fuel venting system of an S-1C with a 19gal center tank only?

20161204_155101.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back