• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts s-2s update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmann750

Reaction score
I took delivery of my new to me Pitts in November, flew it two hours and promptly took the knife to the fabric Nov 28th 2015. So fast forward to now, I just finished painting all the sheet metal, we installed a electrical system and transponder, I got some new rudder cables to comply with the service bulletin . My father is covering the tail group while I did all the fuselage work. I removed and check both flop tubes which was good timing cause the one o ring was working its was towards the pick up when I drained the tanks, new fuel lines installed. Wings are in Greer SC being recovered by a very skilled freind. We did wood leading edges and repaired a lot of nose ribs, 14/18 to be exact. They were damaged when the old leading edge was installed in 1992. They also cranked the sh@t of out the I strut bolts and cracked some
Of that plywood which was replaced. I found a cracked longeron lower right aft of the spring gear attachment. I will know exactly what I have once I'm finished. I hope to be flying late April. I'm currently taping the trim and getting ready to cover the fuselage with my dad. Here is a picture of it in my basement. Thanks to Bill Rose and Smizo and others for the info and help along the way.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back