• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts S1-S Engine Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finance

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First; I've used the search function but can't really find what I'm looking for so I'm trying a new topic. I've also tried Google but couldn't find it there either.

My Pitts is down for some minor overhaul of magnetos, hoses, fuel servo and so in. I discussed with my mechanic and we decided that it's better to change the engine mounts while we have everything removed. They are about 20 years old. The engine is a IO-360-B1B that comes from a Beech Travel Air 95.

Do you know if I'm supposed to use the Lord engine mount that is for Pitts S1-S or for the Travel Air 95? Please, see links below for different part numbers at Aircraft Spruce:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pdf/lordbrochure.pdf

See attached picture for how the mounts look now.

All the best,
Filip

Engine mount.jpg

Latest posts

Back